The Texas Bond Review Board (BRB) maintains this website (brb.texas.gov) as a public service. This policy describes the BRB’s privacy practices regarding information collected from visitors to the site. It contains information about what information is collected and how that information is used. Please note that all information collected or maintained by the BRB is subject to the provisions of the Texas Public Information Act (Chapter 552, Texas Government Code).
Server Logs/Log Analysis Tools
The BRB utilizes server logs and log analysis tools to create summary statistics about the use of the website. The summary statistics are used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest to users, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. The following information is collected for this analysis:
- User/client hostname – The hostname (or IP address, if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, “user-agent” – The user-agent information includes the type of browser used, the browser version, and the operating system it is running on.
- HTTP header, “referer” – The referer specifies the page from which the user/client accessed the current page.
- System date – The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request – The exact request the user/client made.
- Status – The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length – The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method – The request method used.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) – The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URI – Anything after the question mark in a URI.
- Protocol – The transport protocol and version used.
For site management functions, information is collected for analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless required to do so under applicable law.
For site security purposes and to ensure that the site remains available to all users, the BRB uses software to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Texas Penal Code Chapters 33 (Computer Crimes) or 33A (Telecommunications Crimes).
Personally identifiable information contained in a question or comment sent to the BRB in an e-mail message or in an online form submitted to the BRB will only be used by BRB to respond to the request and to analyze trends. The BRB may redirect the message to another government agency or person who is in a better position to answer the question.
All information collected from the BRB website, including the summary server log information, e-mails sent to the website, and information collected from web-based forms, is subject to the Texas Public Information Act.